St Cleer School Council
ST CLEER SCHOOL COUNCIL
At St Cleer Academy we hold the British Value of Democracy close to our heart. Each class democratically votes for their School Council representatives. These representatives meet each week in the Headteacher's Office. Although the Headteacher is present, the Council is run by the children for the children. There is an elected Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer.
Attached above you will see the School Newspaper that was produced by the School Council, and also some messages from School Council which have been included in the school newsletters. See our advice to parents on how they can help us with our Maths learning!
ST CLEER ACADEMY COUNCIL CONSTITUTION
Our School Council is run BY the pupils FOR the pupils
- The Headteacher and other adults can be invited
- The School Council can negotiate with the Headteacher and other staff to make changes, but the adult decision is ultimately final
- The School Council seeks to make St Cleer Academy a better place for every child and every adult
- The School Council upholds British Values: Democracy; Rule of Law; Liberty and Respect
ST CLEER ACADEMY COUNCIL'S AGREED RULE OF LAW
The School Council reinforces British Values. We will listen to each other and show respect and tolerance of one another's views, even if they are different from our own.
- We put our hand up if we wish to speak.
- We will try to be positive, and not moan or speak badly of anyone by name.
- If we do disagree on a decision, we will have a vote.